I've been listening to "Vienna" by Billy Joel and reflecting about my life. The lyrics "You can get what you want or y...

VIENNA WAITS FOR YOU

By | 04:43:00 Leave a Comment
I've been listening to "Vienna" by Billy Joel and reflecting about my life. The lyrics
"You can get what you want or you can just get old"©
was my motivation to finally visit the city I have dreamed about since watched it for the first time in "Kommissar Rex" TV-series.

Now I want to share lists-inspirations to visit Vienna. Let me know, if they're useful ;)

⚞𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕠 𝕒𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖⚟

1. Visit Vienna State Opera

#LIFEHACK: a guided tour for adults costs €9, for pensioners (65 and older) €7, for children, apprenties, students (up to 27) €4. But if you want to see only enteriors, you may buy standing room tickets for €3-4 80 minutes before curtain time. Before that I recommend to eat hearty, syncopes happens.

Standard tickets price variates €12-120+, even though many shows you can watch for free in the street on the large display screen.

2. Wait in line and then try the original Sacher torte.
In my humble opinion, it's overrated (€7,5)🙊
3. Take photographs from the Naturhistorisches Museum's rooftop. It costs +€8 more, but you'll get almost a personnel excursion with hidden gems instead. Last year it was only for me and one Chinese tourist.

a close-up look at barilliefs


4.Visit the Albertina Museum

5. Go astray and then chanse upon a place from the secondary #mustvisit list 😊
Zollamtssteg from the "Before Sunrise" (1995)


⚞ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕀'𝕕 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕧𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕥 & 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕀'𝕕 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕠⚟

1. To buy a vinyl at Teuchtler Recordshop (unfortunately it was closed those days)


2. To proceed my morning ritual: book the Polaroid Photo Tour after a breakfast

3. To buy a head of the best cheese I've ever eaten. Alas I don't know which one I liked more: Jerome or Bergbaron. And very pity I can't find them in Ukraine.

4.To watch a movie in English at Haydn cinema

5. To ride a Ringstraße public tram, which is a cheaper than a tram tour, especially with 24/48/72 hours Vienna ticket

6.To see the Vienna Giant Ferris Wheel, from the Treasures of European Film Culture list (according to European Film Academy (EFA)

7. To visit Austrian National Library, because it's beautiful and kingly



⚞𝔹𝕆ℕ𝕌𝕊 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕘: 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕖𝕒𝕥⚟

1. Haas&Haas 〜 is a perfect place for breakfasts. You will find a large selection of breakfast foods and teas there. It's near Stephansdom by the way.





2. Cafe Schwarzenberg 〜 because I can't forget that tasty cheese!

3. Tunnel Vienna Live 〜 a very atmosphere place with large portions and good music

4. Crème de la Crème 〜 it's all about aesthetic
5. Honu Tiki Bowls
6. Pizza Mari
7. Palmenhaus Café 〜 near Opera and Albertina. Very beautiful!
8. Danube tower restaurante 〜 it rotates and enables guests a 360° panoramic view.
9. Café Central

More memories I shared to my Instagram stories (just click HERE)
And just a friendly reminder: don't repeat my mistakes, never come to Vienna on weekends or holidays if you plan to see more.

Have you ever been to Vienna? If you have something to add, please let me know.
All the love, Mira
"Dream on, but don't imagine they'll all come true"©
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 Comments: